This is a universally adored activity
Dates: July 10-14
For Who: K-grade 8
Cassandra Pedro – Speech Language Aide
Cognitive Function: Language, motor skills, visual and spatial processing.
Children love to design and decorate cookies. Therefore the “cookie decorating party” is meant to help children discover basic art of decorative cookies (e.g., learning gorgeous cookie decorating techniques, exploring fun cookie designs, trying out various decorating tools and so on). Hence, this activity will have all the necessary ingredients and tools for your children to have extraordinary fun moments. The cookies will feature each child’s preferences.
What are some of the benefits of decorating cookies?
- Children develop eye-hand coordination;
- Children develop organization skills while they go through different decorating steps;
- Children develop spatial perception skills when they have to cut out cookies;
- Children develop language skills as they will be exposed to a variety of vocabulary;
- Children develop imagination skills because they take full control when it comes to decorating cookies.